Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fun Adventure Friday w/Jack

I decided on Friday that I was going to surprise Jack w/an adventure to Deanna Rose Farmstead


We had so much fun exploring the different areas!  Here Jack is 'cooking' dinner at the Indian encampment

Jack called this his 'Peetee'.  I love that silly boy!

Petting the calves at the Dairy Farm area.

Jack had to take a 'time out' for a 'serious' picture pose on the cow bench

Playing house at the playground area

We played Batman and Joker on the playground

Every time we go to the farmstead, we have to take a picture here!

Jack decided it was his turn to be the camera man

The butterfly garden was so neat and pretty!!!  


The time has come when my twins are to old to go on adventures such as these, which makes me grateful that I still have a little guy around to play with.  I will not say that I am entirely sad really because I still get to take 'adventures' with my older two, just not the same kind.  We started out on this path and continue to travel the uncharted territories together and thus every new 'trip' we take is always a good one in some form or another.  As they get older their adventures tend to include being on the school football team or track team.  Watching my daughter in her school plays or listening to her sing in her choir concerts.  Taking them on various school field trips or helping them with school projects.  Just a few weeks back we took a fun weekend trip to Omaha just so they could go to a concert.  We made it so fun!  My sister and her family joined us and we added the Omaha Zoo to our itinerary.  These are adventures with my children that I will cherish forever and always and try my hardest to be part of as they grow.  By having the opportunity to do such things w/my older two, helps guide me in the same direction with my little guy.  Maybe his fun days are more extravagant than those my twins had when they were younger, but hey, I've got experience now. :0)  I truly cherish days like this when I can have that one on one time with my babies and follow them around doing what they love.  It helps me to better understand their perspective, learn the things that interest them and what they like and most of all, it allows us to bond and become closer as Mother and Child.  It teaches me that sometimes it's not just talking, but observing and listening to them as we do something that interests them.  In the end, it's something we all had fun doing together and another adventure we can add to our list of accomplishments, store it away in our memory box and start planning the next trip.  Every moment with my children is priceless, the adventure is just an added bonus! :0)  I hope you all are finding your weekends to be full of happy blessings and wonderful adventures!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment